opsdroid is an open source chat-ops bot written in python. It is designed to be extendable, scalable and simple.
"ChatOps is an operational paradigm where work that is already happening in the background today is brought into a common chatroom. By doing this, you are unifying the communication about what work should get done with actual history of the work being done." - StackStorm
In the new frontier of DevOps it is becoming more and more popular to interact with your automation tools via an instant messenger. opsdroid is a framework to make creating and extending your ChatOps workflows powerful but simple.
Why use opsdroid?
- It's open source
- Simple to modify and extend
- Add you own skills in under 10 lines of python
- Easy to install
- Designed with Docker in mind for simple deployment
- Configurable with a single YAML file
- Can connect to multiple chat services simultaneously
- No coding necessary if using the official modules